Project coordinator: CERANEO – Centar za razvoj neprofitnih organizacija
Partners: Local Democracy Agency Sisak, Udruga “MI”- Split,Mreža udruga ZAGOR,Hrvatska mreža za beskućnike,Norwegian Social Research (NOVA), Oslo Metropolitan University
Project implementation period: September 1, 2022- November 30, 2023
Finance and Donor: The project benefited from 89.258,86 Euros grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway within the EEA Grants. The project “Strengthening the capacity of civil society organizations in the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights in Croatia” benefits from 89.258,86 Euros grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway within the EEA Grants.
Croatia has limited capacities for monitoring and adapting the development of social policies aimed at an innovative social state that takes into account new social risks and includes civil society organizations. An increasing number of citizens depend on civil society organizations in terms of meeting social needs. At the same time, the problem was further deepened by the COVID-19 pandemic and the economic crisis that followed.
The general public and relevant stakeholders are not sufficiently familiar with the concept of the European Pillar of Social Rights and the Action Plan of the European Pillar of Social Rights, therefore the general aim is to familiarize the interested public and relevant stakeholders with the mentioned and to empower them for implementation in order to europeanize and modernize the welfare state. By the end of the project, the joint efforts of project partners and all involved stakeholders will strive to create preconditions for an improved quality of life in local communities and in the wider area of the Republic of Croatia.
The main activities of the project are:
1. development of a methodology for monitoring the European Pillar of Social Rights
2. analysis of relevant EU and national social policies, regulations and practice
3. conducting empirical research with the aim of gaining insight into the perception of key stakeholders in the field of EPSR
4. regional education of interested stakeholders and partners
5. providing support to partner organizations for creating analyzes and monitoring the impact of EPSR policies at the local level
6. creation of a manual for the social integration of vulnerable groups living in housing exclusion with special emphasis on the housing of vulnerable groups (19th principle of EPSR)
7. organization of a panel discussion that will problematize housing issues with a special emphasis on the housing of vulnerable groups (19th principle of EPSR)
8. organization of the final conference
Ivona Tomurad, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dorotea Valečić, email@example.com
Mirna Makovac, edukacija@Lda-sisak.hr
“The Strengthening the capacity of civil society organizations in the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights in Croatia project benefits from a grant under the Active Citizens Fund from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, through the EEA Grants”
The final conference of the project "Strengthening the Capacities of Civil Society Organizations in the Implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights in Croatia" was held in Zagreb on November 14, 2023. The conference was organized by the project leader...
A regional education event held: “Challenges of Implementing the European Pillar of Social Rights in Sisak-Moslavina County”
In Sisak, in collaboration with CERANEO - Center for the Development of Non-Profit Organizations, we conducted a regional education event titled "Challenges of Implementing the European Pillar of Social Rights in Sisak-Moslavina County." This event was part of the...
On April 21, 2023, an online "Education to strengthen public speaking and advocacy skills" was held for civil society organizations led by European Union public policy consultant and registered lobbyist Andrea Vodanović. Five associations from Croatia participated in...
On April 3, 2023, an initial conference titled "Challenges of Implementing the European Pillar of Social Rights in Croatia" was held in Zagreb. The conference introduced the project "Strengthening the Capacities of Civil Society Organizations in Implementing the...